George: graduated from his Mechanic AIT Training at Fort Jackson, SC. He is currently completing additional training at Fort Jackson until May 6th or around that time period. He was chosen to receive the additional training because he graduated in the top 10% of his class. We are really proud of him. George is required to report for duty at Fort Riley, KS on May 10th, so we are hoping we get a few days with him before. On May 11th he will start the inprocessing at Fort Riley, so that we can get base housing and move to join him soon. We will know when he reports to his unit if he will be one of the Soldiers called up for deployment.
Hilary: I am a stay at home Mommy now and I love it!!! I am very happy to say that I have a very clean house finally. I am also able to hang out with my Mother in law more, walk 2 miles a day with my Mother in law, and most importantly take naps!!!! I may have hated them when I was a kid mom, but not anymore. I am also currently learning how to make from scratch organic laundry detergent and cleaners. Not to say also trying to improve my cooking skills.
Stephanie: Finishing up her 7th grade year. She is still playing the bassoon and active with her Young Women group. On Tuesdays she volunteers at a friends house with her new born baby. Any free time steph is usually seen drawing or painting and is currently working on two projects. One of the projects is for Personal Progress and the other for her Daddy. I would like to also note that with the thanks of her Aunt Crystal she has been receiving 100% on her spelling tests. Steph had thought she would never be able to do well in spelling but with her Aunt working with her Mondays and with me reviewing with her through the week she is doing exceptionally well and we are very proud of her.
Ian: Ian is becoming my little musician. I am currently teaching him how to play the piano and guitar and he is picking it up fast. At school he is still playing the Viola. I do not know if the inspiration is coming from watching American Idol and seeing the singers play instruments this season or just an interest. (Just to note that Adam gets our vote!!) Ian is active in Boy Scouts on Wednesdays and becoming my current news reporter. I have a rule that before they can play games or watch cartoons, the kids have to tell me 3 current events that occurred that day from the news. With that being said, Ian has now become a big fan of both Shawn Hannity and George Stephanopoulos (yes, very different perspectives but I am happy he is interested).
We should be moving to Kansas some time in May or June. We will keep everyone posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Just heard that Steph might be in the hospital - hope all is well - we love you steph - keep us updated!
She is better and home. She had her appendix (I think that is how you spell it out)taken out. She is home and Ian and I are pampering her.
Post a Comment