Sunday, November 2, 2008


FALL BAND CONCERT
Okay Stephanie plays the Bassoon and had a Fall Band Concert last week. They did wonderful and played the Pirates of the Caribbean song and many others.
Now I know that family is probably wondering why they were not invited and let me explain. WE ARE NEVER TOLD.
Time and Time again this what happens. Steph calls me on my drive home (1 1/2 hour drive) at 5;45pm to tell me that she has a concert that night at 7pm and needs to be at her school at 6:30pm and needs to have her band shirt.
So I am still 40mins away from home. I now know I need to accomplish this all in 40 mins and I am in the middle of traffic. If I ever become Mayor or any Government official, I am going to make a Mommy driving lane.
So I race into town, thank goodness the police where no where in sight or maybe I do not stand out in a white mini van. Yes, the popular vehicle to race.
I pull into town at 6pm (20mins early) and race to pick Ian up at his after school program. Race to take care of the dogs and run upstairs and search for Steph's band shirt and make Ian a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
At 6:10pm we left the house and headed to pick Steph up. I called her at 6;15pm and told her to meet me at the front of the house. I screeched in and she jumped into the car and I got her there at school at 6:28pm. All I can say is that I am good.
Her concert was at 7pm and Ian and I saw it while seating on the floor of the gym, since all the seats were filled. We did get to 2 sugar cookies out of it.
Steph and the band played wonderful. They had the beginning band and the Junior High band play together. Steph was beginning band last year. Another concert that we were told about at 5:45pm. Only daddy was home last year. This year is all Mommy duty.
I will be so glad when we are all together again.
By the way I did find out the Winter Concert is on 12/8/08 at 7pm. I am prepared now. I got a band calender.
Hilary

No comments: