Sunday, November 2, 2008


Prince Charming
I was just tagged, so I thought I would include this on my blog for those that do not know too much about the man of my dreams and how we meet.

1) Where did you meet?We actually meet on yahoo singles.com. Scary but it worked. He had seen my profile a few years before on LDS.com. I had created a profile when I first came back from my mission. He thought of writing to me when he first saw it but he thought, “Oh, she would not like me”. But when he saw my profile on yahoo many years later, he thought okay there is a reason and I have to try.
2) How long did you date?Not very long. We knew something was special and different by just talking on the phone. We meet on Memorial Day weekend and were engaged 2 weeks later. I had always felt that I when I meet the right person we would be engaged in 2 weeks. 2 weeks always came to my mind, which is why I was confused on any past relationships. Now I know why. It had to be the right person
3) How long have you been married?One year and I cannot wait for our 40th anniversary.
4) What's your favorite feature of his?His hands. Oh they are the most attractive and manly hands. They are even better with the wedding band on. In reality to me he is the Sexiest Man alive. Forget the men that People magazine vote for, I am with the real one.
5) What are your favorite qualities of his?I love that he is a good listener. While he was in basic he wrote the best letters. He always addressed the questions or comments that I had made to him in my last letter. I love just talking to him. I always wanted a husband that I could go to the playground with and swing on the swings with and talk for hours and he is my man.
6) Does he have a nickname for you?Cookie
7) What's his favorite color?Blue
8) What's his favorite food?He loves food. He would like to vegetarian meals more than anything. He loves his soups in a bread bowl and his root beer floats for dessert. He is not a picky eater and he is a good cook. He does the majority of the cooking.
9) What's his favorite sport?He is really not into sports. He will watch if they kids play but he is into more fishing and camping.
10) When and where was your first kiss?I am bad. It was the first date. I usually made a point to never kiss on the first date but I could not resist and I am glad. It was the best kiss ever. It was the GIGI kiss. I did not come down from the clouds for days. I knew where this was going after that.
11) What's your favorite thing to do as a couple?We love to go out for dinner and talk. We also love to study the scriptures together.
12) Where is his favorite vacation spot?Montana. Mountains and lakes are his idea of a vacation. Luckily we are the same on this. I am ready for our property in Montana.
13) Do you have any children?Yes, 2 children. He had two children from his previous marriage. Steph is 13yrs and Ian is 10 yrs. I always tell them that they did not grow in my tummy but they grew in my heart.
14) How old is he?.He is 2 years younger. He is 31 yrs old. I told him this is good because the women usual out live the men and I want to go before him.
15) Who said I love you first & where?.I am not sure. But I do know that I told him in Blockbuster. I think he did but I will check my source.
16) What's his favorite type of music?All music. He is so funny he will listen to classical and then change the channel to heavy metal. But he also loves R&B and Country.
17) What do you admire most about him?I admire how he joined the ARMY and is giving his “all” while completing his training. He is my hero. He joined to secure that I always would have medical benefits with my MS. He also joined to support the kids and provide a good life for them. He joined and went through basic at 31 years old.

I also admire that he is a good person no matter what. Last year we were coming out of a store around Christmas time and a homeless guy came up to him. I saw my husband talking to the man. I then saw my husband pull out some change, take off his jacket and gave it to the man. Later on he got in the car and looked for his gloves. That is the type of man that he is.
18) Do you think he'll read this?He is in training at FT. Sam Houston, San Antonio for the next 4 months. I am going to send him a copy.

No comments: