Wednesday, March 18, 2009

We are off to the Wizard of Oz



Okay we found out a few weeks ago that we will be stationed at Fort Riley in Kansas. It is a base close to Manhattan, Kansas and 1 1/2 hrs to Topeka and 2 1/2 hrs to Kansas City. We are excited. No it is not exotic Hawaii or Germany!! I have to say we were hoping. Now that we have unpacked our Swim Suits and German Lederhosens. We are ready to follow the yellow brick road to Kansas this summer.

George needs to report on May 10, 2009 after graduating on April 16, 2009 from his Mechanics program at Fort Jackson, SC. We are planning right now for me to stay with the kids until school is out and then Ian and I will drive to Kansas to our new home while Stephanie attends YW camp. When she is done with camp, she will fly to meet us.

Both kids will be in Junior High next year at the Middle school on base and I will get the opportunity to be a stay home mom. I have to admit that I am not a big fan of the movie, "Wizard of OZ" but the kids and George are fans and I have heard every sarcastic joke about moving there. My mom was always scared of the Wicked Witch of the West, so that is why I did not see the movie completely until I was 22 years old.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Congrats! I think Drew may have spent some time at Fort Riley. I hope this is a great place for you and the family!

Kirchner Family said...

I think it sounds great - and its awesome that you will be able to be home when they are home from school - they need you more now then ever - awesome