Okay on Sunday morning the 8th of August, we woke up around 8am. Okay that is sleeping in for George and myself. We laid around a little bit and then got ready for the day. We headed to Henderson, Nevada to see George's dad and his new house. Thanks to our new GPS system we arrived without getting lost. We took his dad and Rusty (his girlfriend) to breakfast at an Omelet House. The Omelet House has the largest omelets that I have ever seen and very good. Each omelet takes up almost an entire plate. Their omelets have the weirdest names for example George got an omelet called, "The Kitchen Sink." Afterwards, we filled up the car with gas and started our journey to LA. We made two stops along the way. One in Primm, Nevada because we wanted to try and find the car that belonged to Bonny and Clyde. However the car has been moved and we were not able to see it.
The second stop we made was to see Fort Irwin where George did his NTC for the whole month of July. I have to say that I am thankful that we were not stationed there. George had originally selected that base but later changed it to Fort Riley. Some important facts to point out about the base is one there is a collection of rocks that have been painted and piled on top of each other by each of the units that have done their NTC training there. Second, there are many crosses along the road leading to the base. I think we might have counted over 20. That means a lot of people have died on that road even though it is in the middle of nowhere. After making those stops we continued on to LA and arrived around 6:30pm. We checked into our Motel 6 room located in Anaheim, CA which is only 1.2 miles from Disneyland. I use to work for a company called Accor, which owns Motel 6, and I knew that it was a nice and clean Motel 6. I am happy to say I was right and the rooms were very clean and modern. We took our baths, unpacked, and rested for our adventure to Disneyland the next day. However, we were able to see the fireworks for the evening show at Disneyland outside our Motel room.
Just to note the drive is only 4 hours to LA from Vegas but with all the stops we made our trip to LA took 8 hours = boredom for the kids. Therefore, I am going to include with this post some of the funny pics the kids took from the back seat of the car.







No comments:
Post a Comment